ESS 0.00% 50.0¢ essential metals limited

44 years ago i gridded, soil sampled & did the magnatometer...

1. 1,746 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 148
    44 years ago i gridded, soil sampled & did the magnatometer surveys of the Pioneer Dome, so i walked the whole area. At that time the search was for Nickel. The outcropping pegmatites were of a white translucent colour with a green tinge. At one time the area must have been underwater as there are copious amounts of Opalite throughout the system. There was very little mineralization that i could see though at one spot at Pioneer West we got a reading that was off the dial. On closer inspection samples were found of a gold coloured mineral with needle like crystals about 3cms long. Another Pegmatite dyke that i discovered was at the Southern end of the baseline, this was totally soil covered, but the baseline was cut using a tractor with a blade on the front of the machine. The blade took the top off the thin soil covering & below was a Pegmatite coloured pink with perfectly formed crystals, one of which i still have in my mineral collection. The Pegmatite was about 5m wide & could be traced running slightly North of West & the same South of East, which trended opposite to the general run of Pegmatite outcropping. Good luck to all holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.