DML 0.00% 1.9¢ discovery metals limited

the market oracle

1. 5,552 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 69
    http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article44062.html

NB Discovery Metals is the only Australian resource company that gets a mention!!!

Extract from interview

TMR: Which copper companies do you like?

AVD: I like Nevsun Resources Ltd. (NSU:TSX; NSU:NYSE.MKT) quite a lot. It has historically been a gold company in Eritrea and has just gotten into the copper-heavy area of its deposit. Many people aren't fond of Eritrea, but anyone who's gone there knows that it's a much safer jurisdiction—at least where the Nevsun mine is—than is popularly believed. The company is paying a 4% dividend, and it has tons of free cash flow. In this market, that's a really nice thing.

Central Asia Metals Plc (CAML:LSE) is interesting as well. Its Kounrad waste-retrieval facility in Kazakhstan is producing quite profitably. And it has just paid $3.2M to buy half of Copper Bay Ltd. in Chile (with an option to acquire up to 75%). Coppers Bay's Chañaral Bay project has a resource of 288 Mt copper. I think Central Asia Metals could do quite well.

TMR: Any others?

AVD: I generally like Discovery Metals Ltd. (DML:ASX) and its Boseto project in Botswana.

TMR: Botswana is rated quite highly in Africa.

AVD: Deservedly so. It is like the Switzerland of Africa. It has a small, relatively peaceful population that supports development. Anyone I know who's ever worked in Botswana thinks it's heaven compared to most of the rest of Africa.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DML (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.