ASX 0.76% $62.48 asx limited

the markets are an evil place..., page-97

1. 1,219 Posts.
    As the number of people increase who class themselves as 'professionals' (not as vulgar workers) the wiser George Bernard Shaw's dictum becomes:

"All the professions are a conspiracy against the common man."

And he made that observation before 'Work Choices' had been invented (to rob workers of choice) and 'Border Protection' to rob us of our civil liberties.

During the current market nervousness Guess Who is already claiming that swapping political horses (in mid-steam) would be a disaster?

Sadly for the common man, the hallmark of a true professional is a profound knowledge of his market.

All we can do (to protect ourselves from conmen and scoundrels) is be very wary of anybody who wears a suit and speaks nicely to us.

As an old shearer once told me: 'All men are driven, but few know the name of the drover."

Despite few people starving to death in Australia (or likely to in the immediate future) the name of our whip-cracking drover is fear.

Some Nervous Nellies trust priests and parsons (in nicely pressed suits). Some trust brokers and fund managers (in nicely pressed suits).

Some put their faith (and money) into pills, potions, psycho-therapy or share charts - to ward off fear.

In the meatime, they're all mising out on the simple joys of being alive (just for today) in very beautiful country. As an old shearer once told me:

"I've been to many funerals, but I've never seen an amroured truck in the funeral procession."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$62.48
Change
0.470(0.76%)
Mkt cap ! $12.11B
Open High Low Value Volume
$62.30 $62.59 $61.80 $27.12M 434.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 830 $62.47

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$62.52 7 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.