the meaning of immortality, page-35

1. 13,097 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 236
    Hi again TB,

To answer your Q's.

You cannot sway a person of faith who holds an a priori assumption about the world, that they are wrong.

if you, heraclitus, held the view of humble ignorance, then how can you say "that they are wrong"

those two comments don't add up.

Taughtbuffet. Respectfully, you must read a person's comments and not attribute words to them. I did not say that they are wrong. I said that they cannot prove conclusively either way. Just as I cannot. The difference is, a person of faith does not concede that it's possible that a God does not exist. They believe that they are absolutely correct in assuming that there is one. This is where we differ. I find it inconceivable to assume we could know for certain. I don't mean that to be offensive or derogatory, it genuinely blows my mind when i try and relate to someone who does think it possible.

can you not see that laughing at something that others may hold a close personal view on, is condescending?

Point taken TB. Unlike Chrysallis, you've expressed your thoughts in a mild and polite manner, while pulling me up on something that annoyed you. I'm sorry if the initial post appeared condescending. There were probably better ways to have worded it. However I stand by the fact that there always appears to be a host of aggressive and emotional attacks from people who appear to be insecure in their own belief.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.