We have a history of a man who was crucified, just to make sure...

1. 6,931 Posts.
    We have a history of a man who was crucified, just to make sure he was well and truly dead. Then they buried him but three days later his tomb was emppty and for forty days people peole saw him alive. He ate fish, they talked with him etc. He was elevated into the clouds and disappeared. The crowd of people who experienced him left their account of this. The message was - he is still alive somewhere. He is an example of a person who has proved there is immortality, indeed a resurrection to a different life form.

Many reject the written history (recounted in the New Testament) but what would convince some people that it is a true account?
    My answer is nothing because the fact of the event makes no difference, we rely on believing. There is nothing we do that does not rely on believing, our whole human life depends on our believing. Even Science relies on believing. The only redeeming feature of science was you can repeat an experiment but not everyone could do that, we all rely on reports of results of experiments.

In the case if a second person went through the same process as Jesus would it make any difference to any one's belief? Probably not.

I only need one event to convince me that immortality is real.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.