MEL 0.00% 0.5¢ metgasco ltd

The member for Clarence

1. 6,542 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 958
    I am embarrassed for the member for Clarence and ashamed that our politicians can be so inept. The glaring inaccuracy is the reference to a coal seam gas industry when the Rosella well was in no way a coal seam gas well. How can Metgasco effectively consult with the community when supposed leaders of the community rhetorically spout inaccuracies.

The second amazing point is that you wish to ban an industry based on perceived risk. No doubt you are also pushing to stop the flouridisation of the NR water supply...what happened to the strongest regulations in the country?

You also state that the vast majority of your constituents wish for the licenses to be cancelled. Yet you talk of 5 to 6 thousand people vigorously opposing the CSG industry. Chris, your electorate has over 50 thousand constituents. That is not a majority. How did the stop CSG party poll at the federal election? Definitely not a majority.

You also talk of an unproven industry and a perception that the CSG industry is toxic. What makes you think that it is unproven, given that it has been operating for so long in Queensland? Is it not the role of your government to help educate your constituents that the industry is not toxic, that CSG is different to conventional gas and that the industry is highly regulated?

In addition, I don't think the Nielson's would be too impressed that you only removed their name on the top half of the letter.

It is clear that the government is concerned about this issue. Not for any environmental reason, nor in relation to the impending gas shortage to hit from winter 2016. Instead it is clear that politicians are needing a get out of jail free card for their laziness and lack of foresight. A disgrace.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.988M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.6¢ 0.5¢ $858 158.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 927625 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 5044543 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.16am 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.