SPR 2.72% 94.5¢ spartan resources limited

The Mill

1. 18,221 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3783
    Hi everyone …
    I thought I’d start a new thread to collate some information on the Dalgaranga mill.
    (Mainly because I read the Spartan linkedin page again and in the overview it says:
    .. “The company has now drilled out the high grade discovery and established a substantial Mineral Resource Estimate of 721,000 ounces @ 5.85g/t, including 90,000 ounces @ 2.2g/t gold mineralised from surface and an underground component of 630,000 ounces @ 7.6g/t gold, as the cornerstone to a new +5yr high-grade mine plan.
    The plan centres around aggressive resource definition and exploration drilling through 2023 to define the required high-grade mining inventory to justify a potential restart decision in mid 2024.”
    Surely in the current gold environment a restart is justified?
    And seeing  as how close we are to mid 2024, and because the SPR price has trickled back a wee bit I decided to dump more shares in an other ‘boring’ company….. (oh dear with that  focus on trickling a wee bit and dumping on this glorious autumnal day ..)
    … And  I did, and the price has and - as I guess happens with the physical process -   it cleared the way for me to buy a few more  shares here in my ‘trading portfolio’ (which to be honest - just to stay on theme - might be a bit constipated).

And I chose Spartan because - as said -  I figured there WILL be a decision to start mining again what with us getting reminded that mill has been brought back to ‘ready’ mode,  and the  rumours around Develop Global being approached (or approaching?) to take up the contract, and the fact that there seems to be enough money to start mining and continue with exploration drilling…

And that mill is an asset!
    I looked up one of your  posts @speculator101 where you knew what the original cost had been, but I forgot the numbers and have not been able to find them again…
    But I did just then see you wrote that it  was built on the site of an old plant from the previous workings …

So this thread is actually to consider future  ‘bowels of the earth’ movements in relation to that very useful plant - so far an asset that has not been brought into the foreground.

But comment on  build, costs, potential etc, etc etc might be useful for newcomers,  and  will also  collate the information for ease of reference for everyone?

I will add a bit later but need to get out into the real world for a bit now and, in the meantime I hope some others may be able to put in some useful facts, comparisons, thoughts …

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
94.5¢
Change
0.025(2.72%)
Mkt cap ! $1.045B
Open High Low Value Volume
93.0¢ 94.5¢ 91.0¢ $6.182M 6.695M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 23789 92.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
94.5¢ 79292 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.