LPI 0.00% 56.5¢ lithium power international limited

The Ministry of Mining accepted application from CODELCO to extend CEOL, page-62

1. 206 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5

The 2022 edition of the International Mining and Resources Conference — one of the world’s largest mining gatherings — opened in Sydney today.

EMR Capital managing director Jason Chang, whose Owen Hegarty led mining investment vehicle owns the Ravenswood gold and Kestrel coal mines in Queensland and holds a 45% stake in ASX-listed copper miner 29Metals (ASX:29M), says all it looks for in governments is consistency and a predictable regulatory framework.

“The role of government really from a mining perspective is to develop and regulatory framework that is consistent fundamentally,” he said.

“We love South America and Chile, we have invested in Chile and continue to look there. I mean, how can you not?

“But the are recent announcement that potentially there could be a material hike in taxes has caused global investors to just pause for a moment.

“I’m sure it’ll come back and I know there’s good news on the way. But that’s a classic example where even just announcements there could be a disruption to what otherwise is the most friendly jurisdiction in the world for mining can cause issues.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.