IPR 0.00% 4.1¢ ipernica limited

Another possible explanation for the SP fillip this morning...

1. 749 Posts.
    Another possible explanation for the SP fillip this morning could be the pending announcement of the launch of the Nearmap technology.

For those who haven't seen it, a visit to IPR's website showcases the vastly superior resolution possible with Nearmap's technology relative to Google maps. The trick for IPR will be to expand their city coverage swiftly so that prospective users (the real estate market being an obvious focus) and the attendant advertising possibilities are drawn to the technology.

The possibility of a buyout by a major such as Google is the tantalising fantasy of long-suffering holders but I would hope that any such deal down the track is fended off until the true market value of the technology has been demonstrated and a multiple return to shareholders generated. After all, management poured a chunk of the profits of its successful litigation into the Nearmap purchase when their original promise was to return 50% of profits to shareholders. I'm still angry over that one and I'll bet many other long-term holders feel the same.

DYOR

Gupper

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IPR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.