XJO 0.42% 7,718.2 s&p/asx 200

the moment of truth has arrived, page-2

1. 4,361 Posts.
    paddington

it's feels like a lifetime along that i made that forecast re: the 90 week ma. the market has since done much to make me doubt that target was possible, but here we are.

some of the longer timeframe moving averages that i use has me a tad concerned. their current position indicate that the probability of new highs anytime soon is low.

the last two occasions they were in similar positions was apr/may 2001 and after the 1987 crash.

as we know, may 2001 was a minor high before the eventual collapse into the september low.

after the 1987 crash, price did a dance between the 90 dma and the 90 wma for about a year before it eventually broke out which coincided with the 90 dma finally crossing the 90 wma.

btw - the 90 dma and 90 wma is just one of my wacky tools. i don't know how i came to use it. :)

fwiw - my current read of the weekly for the spx also matches yours - 1450-1460 may be possible. however, we're so close to the next lot of turn dates, i'm not sure if that's being too optimistic given yesterday's performance on the spx.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.