XJO 0.42% 7,718.2 s&p/asx 200

VoltThanks for that Volt. I'll mark that on my office wall...

1. 1,019 Posts.
    Volt

Thanks for that Volt. I'll mark that on my office wall calendar.

Isn't it funny that the "simple" approaches tend to work the best and yet it is in our nature to mistrust simplicity and, instead, we value complexity. It took me a fair while to wake up to that. I've also read and heard a number of long-time traders say that finally trusting their "simple" analysis was an epiphany for them and marked the point where they became consistently profitable.

My charts and systems from about 6 or 7 years ago look bloody impressive visually and kept me working my but off, and so also appealed to my strong 'work ethic'. However, I am earning a comfortable living from trading now and also enjoy the occasional windfall, whereas up to 5 years ago I really struggled.

My trading is very much more simple and straight-forward now. I now understand that simplicity and clarity are important to meaningful analysis and that knowing what to do regardless of whether your analysis is correct is perhaps the most important thing for a trader.

Treggs and a couple of others mentioned they are reading Mark Douglas' Trading In The Zone. I cannot recommend this book highly enough. If anyone reading this is struggling to get their head around this trading business, do yourself a favour and read Trading In The Zone.

Sermon over!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.