OBM 1.16% 42.5¢ ora banda mining ltd

Manufacturing disputes to avoid payment is an old and well...

1. 130 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Manufacturing disputes to avoid payment is an old and well trodden route. I'd hazard a guess that our learned Judge has come across many in his career. I'm reasonably sure that this old ploy would have been dealt with (harshly) in this ruling if there was a sniff.

My reading of the ruling is that the Judge sees a valid dispute exists. The contract clearly says disputes MUST be arbitrated. GR's insistence on payment, ignoring the dispute and the letter of the contract is (IMHO) the root cause of this whole mess. I sense a 'bully boy' attitude from GR.

Also, IMHO GR need to be careful in this matter as ( if they have been shoddy/negligent ) this could be brought into the open court and the publicity could be damaging.

For those who are commenting on whether the money was or was not available, you need to have spent some time in the real world of business. This isn't new or rare.

One final comment. If GR were happy to accept EGS shares as guarantee, does that not reaffirm that the underlying business is sound?

The arbitrator will deal with this, a settlement will be struck. By the time all this happens, EGS should have produced a lot of gold and have adequate cash reserves to meet any judgement.
    Come on, let's get on with it.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OBM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
42.5¢
Change
-0.005(1.16%)
Mkt cap ! $789.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
42.5¢ 44.0¢ 42.5¢ $419.1K 967.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 92221 42.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
43.5¢ 34550 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OBM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.