RIO 1.87% $123.68 rio tinto limited

"also I've made $80,000 in the last 3 months buy small quanities...

1. 163 Posts.
    "also I've made $80,000 in the last 3 months buy small quanities of shares in other companies and subscribing for more than my entitlement"

This is because those entitlement offers were structured so that you could take others' lapsed entitlements for free, which often had a lot of value if the entitlement offer is 20% or so in the money. Effectively you were making money from the dilution of others.

Nothing is wrong with doing this (I have done the same on a couple of occasions) but to turn around and claim that you are being unfairly treated on rio after you have made so much on taking others entitlements for free is a little hypocritical in my view

Not that I think you are being treated unfairly here - a rights issue is better for you as a shareholder because, unlike the non-renounceable entitlement offer structure, you can sell your rights and gain value from them if you choose. And placing the exrights date on 5 June or 17 June has zero effect on the value of your holding or the value of your rights.

"2. Rio is doing a rights issue, not a SPP. If it is a rights issue, shareholders are not diluted provided they take up their rights, sell their rights or sell their shares with the rights. As it is not a SPP, current shareholders as at the date of the announcement cannot subscribe for more shares than they are entitled to."

You are confusing an SPP and a (non-renounceable) entitlement offer - replace 'SPP' with 'entitlement offer' in the paragraph and it is correct

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RIO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$123.68
Change
-2.360(1.87%)
Mkt cap ! $45.91B
Open High Low Value Volume
$124.03 $124.31 $121.86 $320.7M 2.615M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3082 $123.50

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$123.76 3044 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RIO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.