TPT 0.00% 0.9¢ tangiers petroleum limited

the most leveraged position to moroccan oil

1. 776 Posts.
    It was only a matter of time before the Moroccan oil space started to warm up. Rumours are circulating regarding formal signings by the government, however i believe its a combination of a few factors.

The uprecedented level of transactional activity that occurred offshore Morocco within the last 12-18months, with all the mid-caps fighting each other to gain exposure to the space, was the first sign of the enormity of the region and is directly indicative of the level of international interest that will focus on the region as drilling time nears.
    As i've said previously, the Cairn/Genel drill program, for which a rig is booked for October, will bring massive interest into the region, with investors across the UK, Canada, US and Australia all wanting to take up positions in the region. We are just beginning to see this.

PVD's farm in partner, Plains, has provided an estimated valuation for their 52% interest in the Mazagan permit offshore Morocco for approx. $4.2 billion. This is another example of the sheer value inherent in the region and just highlights the upside that oil explorers in the region.

I am invested in all three of the ASX "Moroccan Muskateers", but, without a shadow of a doubt i believe TPT to offer the most leveraged position to the region.

With a miniscule market cap, the closest land holding to Cairn/Genel's drilling in October, and with the least amount of corporate support, what i believe we will see, is a rapid change in sentiment and support which will lead to near-equalisation between PVD and TPT.

As i said previously, i am invested in all three, however my objective viewpoint is that this stock offers the greatest upside in the region.

Time will tell.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TPT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.