VIL 0.00% 1.6¢ verus investments limited

the most pessimistic view and critical eye, page-4

1. 445 Posts.
    Hi David,

A couple of thoughts for you to consider:

VIl/GGP will be at the mercy of day traders today. The DOW has taken a severe hammering over night and everyone expects that commodity prices will drop accordingly. Most of the day traders will start to exit at around 4pm and you may be able to expect a green close for both shares as news are due early next week.
    Consider to place a stop loss AFTER the market is closed on Friday night. Taking your position in the market early will prevent excess loss IF FP turns out to be a duster OR falls behind (the hyped up) expectations. Stop losses can be triggered by heavy trading expected on Monday morning. My personal opining therefore is that you should put in a low stop loss of approx 25% of the Fridays closing price. If a major oil and gas discovery is announced on Monday you may safely remove the stop loss trigger on Monday and enjoy rewards.
    You need to have an exit strategy, regardless of how fast the SP may rises by Monday. A lot of posters on this forum are expecting a SP rise ranging between 8-20 cents. Make no mistake and stick to your own expectations. The emotions and euphoria will take over in some of the traders and they may expect unrealistic returns. You should work out your own trading strategy (e.g 50% profit, 100%, 200% profit and long/ short trading term) and exit the market once the goal is reached. Remember, it is nice to see a rising SP and a great portfolio but you will NOT make any money UNTIL YOU HAVE SOLD your shares.

I have taken a split risk on VIL and GGP: I see a higher risk/greater potential for VIL in the short term and a lower risk/long term potential in GGP. Hence I have divided my investment into both shares at a 50:50 ratio.

PLEASE NOTE: I have no bloody clue of share trading or the share market. I am just expressing my unsubstantiated views. I still have a full time job and I am still waiting to win the lottery..

Good luck to all SH: KM

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VIL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.