SLX 5.13% $5.33 silex systems limited

Moosey here is some general information on fast neutron reactors...

1. 1,576 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    Moosey here is some general information on fast neutron reactors (which includes PRISM). I highlight the following comment:

"In practice, this means significantly higher enrichment: >20% enrichment in a fast reactor compared to <5% enrichment in typical thermal reactors. Since enrichment is the most expensive step in the fuel cycle, this significantly increases the initial costs of a fast reactor."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast-neutron_reactor

So according to this there will still be still be a requirement for uranium enrichment under these future reactors anyway. Even if there wasn't a requirement for enrichment I still see these as a positive. As they solve the waste issue with nuclear power. Ultimately it will come down to what is the best commercial outcome which to me appears more likely to be a fast neutron reactor as a way of treating the waste of the LWR (eg build one FNR for every 5 LWR). This commercial aspect is also relevant for the uranium miners as it may be cheaper to mine, enrich etc LWR at say $70 per pound than it is for the FNR to use waste.

It is exciting time for a clean environment and for silex shareholders.

I am Iceman!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.33
Change
0.260(5.13%)
Mkt cap ! $1.262B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.12 $5.33 $5.01 $4.811M 914.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 336 $5.29

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.34 1698 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.