SLX 5.13% $5.33 silex systems limited

Moosey - great comments, very interesting. Whilst light water...

1. 1,576 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    Moosey - great comments, very interesting. Whilst light water reactors seem to still be the overwhelming standard for the next 5-10 years anyway, one thing I noticed with your fast neutron reactors (PRISM) is they appear to require enrichment up to 20% not 5%. If the market was to go this way surely it would be a game changer for silex as it makes the enrichment process even more important in the process and would emphasize the efficiency over centrifuge. Now I understand that Wilmington was only licensed up to 8% but if the demand is there with a better nuclear plant that would surely change.

Where you can see a similar cycle to what you are describing is in China. They are overwhelmingly building the light water reactors which require uranium enrichment however are also building six CANDU reactors exclusively for using spent fuel from the light water reactors. One of the executives for the CANDU providers said that was a key target market for them.

Whilst light water reactors are around there will be a requirement for enrichment. But the future maybe even brighter for Silex when next generation fast neutron reactors become the norm.

I am the Iceman!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.33
Change
0.260(5.13%)
Mkt cap ! $1.262B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.12 $5.33 $5.01 $4.811M 914.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 336 $5.29

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.34 1698 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.