MSB 4.07% $1.15 mesoblast limited

@Ichimokou I have to lay my cards on the table and confess I...

1. 371 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 792
    @Ichimokou I have to lay my cards on the table and confess I have no idea how charts in a bio tech company work.
    Let me give this my best shot.
    You have identified not a cup and saucer pattern, more of a negative Waltz. On the Waltz you count in 3's, 123, 123, 123 etc. Except that you start go up on your toes, go down on second beat and up on the 3rd and repeat, circling the dance floor. Here it is all rather depressing, start on 1 then go lower for 2 , then lower still for 3. Each 123 as the pattern shows going lower and lower, until you can go no lower.
    Where I am getting confused is that the last 12 ? starts higher than the previous 123 but not as high as the one before that. So what happened between the current 123 and the previous 123, so that it started higher. Was it perhaps a 1,2 Cha cha cha? or maybe and I think this is more relevant might be the quickstep pattern, Slow Slow, quick quick slow. Depending on how Slow your slows are and how quick your quicks are might therefore be the reason why you end up where you do. But back to your negative waltz and your ? ending a lot lower than previous 3's. Is there a reason for that in the Charts? Or are you referring to the 123 above? It is all so confusing.
    Maybe it is a bit like the hokey cokey at the moment. Except instead of in out, more of a up down, the shaking all about, is just us frustrated long term holders waiting for news.
    As I said, I do not know how charts work. There seems to be a theory that a company will trade in a pattern. By definition, once that pattern is established, for a chart to have any value, then it has to repeat itself. Otherwise it is just hindsight investing. Should have, could have, would have wise people, of which I am sure we all know many.
    My view is, Mesoblast needs a clear pathway (one that investors understand and buy into) or a major partnership with a big pharma for the shares to go ballistic. I am sure that your charts will show where shares have risen on this types of news before. Maybe not as up as I think the next big announcement will send the shares, but up nevertheless. In fact I am sure that Mesoblast was worth a lot more many years ago when people thought that they maybe on the cusp of great things. Where's that chart?
    Well why not show a chart with the ? showing that?.
    I expect it does not fit in with your narrative of sell and of course you are not holding. Well if you believe that Mesoblast will never get a therapy past the FDA, then of course sell and don't hold. You don't need a chart to tell you that.
    If you do, well you either wait like @alhambra is doing and buy I presume after the breakthrough (and lose out on the initial surge) . Or you hope to time the bottom of the market which may be why you are hoping that your ? 3 is lower.

Or you go back to your chart, show one that has done something similar when the next news is good as (in the past) and change your sentiment to buy.
    In other words, depending on how you present it, I think that Charts can show, exactly what you want them to show.
    Truth is, the next news will either send us up or down.
    Me, I look at the long term and the science, which I expect puts me in step with all long term holders, however good they are at dancing.
    Just one final stab at getting it right. Is this 123 anything to do with Matilda?
    Regards
    Yelrom

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.15
Change
0.045(4.07%)
Mkt cap ! $1.313B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.08 $1.16 $1.08 $4.681M 4.170M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 99680 $1.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.16 31000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.