SILVER 0.30% $15.25 silver futures

re: dross by name, dross by ... I am a little perplexed by the...

1. 78 Posts.
    re: dross by name, dross by ... I am a little perplexed by the article by Dross.

Buffett and hence (Berkshire-Hathaway) made a very large investment in 1997-1998 presumably because he could see the writing on the wall for silver that most of us are only just starting to glimpse.

Looking back, the silver price peaked at the time due to his large silver purchases. They varied a bit but I would say his average price (assuming he paid market price) would have been about $6 oz. Eight years later even the manipulated US CPI figures show a 20 - 25% increase over that time and several authorities would suggest that the figure should be more like 6 - 10% per year. Is Dross suggesting that they would sell their silver stockpile anywhere near the current price, just to allow others to profit from the ETF? Doesn't sound right. Especially given that this is Buffet we are talking about; one of the original and successful value investors. He is in it for the long haul to make money. The big question I would ask Dross, is 'why would Buffett sell, when even without the ETF he would only need to wait a few more years and the real crunch is likely to kick in'

The second point is that Buffett purchased his silver hoard in 1997 - 1998 when silver had been hovering around $5 most of the time. Even though he apparently purchased 120 million ounces the price only went up to about $6 with a short peak to $7.20. Why would the percentage change be much different this time?

Dross by name, Dross by ..........

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SILVER (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.