I don’t condone it and never have but I have an issue with...

1. 17,230 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    I don’t condone it and never have but I have an issue with language. When you were challenged on the comparison with Hitler you said it was the irony. Now you say it’s not - it’s a direct comparison.

I don’t have to have been in a war zone to know how I feel about war and about the death of innocent people. In fact I don’t limit my anger and frustration and distaste to women and children. It’s simply not ok

your comparison is inappropriate- and inaccurate and it seems you didn’t actually understand anything your father shared, or any of your reading of history.

why not just stick to the horror of war or the horror of leaders that mete out death. Or try comparisons with more recent leaders like pol pot, idi Amin. Or compare it with the situation in Myanmar or the Sudan.

of course however people would rather use the Hitler comparison for a number of reasons - it’s emotive. It involves Jews. It’s archetypal cruelty

my objection to the comparison may bring the proposition that I am a Zionist or support Netanyahu or support violence (none of which are accurate ) I will continue to call out people who do what you have done. Just stick to what you know best / that war is always cruel and leaders who resort to killing people must be questioned and called out

but in the case of Israel I also believe that however sickened I feel heightened emotions, lack of understanding and the clamour against Israel that is beyond reason because it shows little understanding of what Israelis have suffered for decades

right or wrong Israel exists. Right or wrong decisions were made by other nations that impacted the area. Right or wrong what happened when turkey and the Ottoman Empire were defeated is done. We cannot unpick the past but if we truly try to understand it we can maybe find a peaceful pathway

my view is that heightened emotions and the strong attack on Israel that has led so many to suggest its demise will give way to more horror. Whether you disapprove of Hamas or not you are in fact enabling them

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.