pointless. What I find most extraordinary is the willingness to...

1. 17,265 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    pointless. What I find most extraordinary is the willingness to assume that an organisation that believes in jihad and strapping bombs to their own people (which they have done) and who has one sole purpose but where their leaders live comfortably out of the fray, is to be trusted and Israel is not

an assumption that what USA or Israel say can never be believed yet HAMAS and any news source from Iran, Qatar or HAMAS supporting country is entirely trustworthy.

I’ve had a few similar conversations in real life as well - mostly to be avoided - and same issue. I believe that it is a serious case of cognitive dissonance and having dug in so far they simply cannot allow alternative information to enter.

I think it’s worse with those who consider themselves intelligent, and worse still with those who consider themselves to care deeply about social justice. Yet intolerance is a mark of these types

their tolerance is curious - available to those they see as victims, needy, disadvantaged (even if they aren’t discerning about that) yet absolute intolerance for anyone who disagrees with them

for those well on the downhill path to death it’s quite likely these attitudes will be with them till they die - unless the inevitable consequences of their uneven and often misplaced tolerance comes back to bite them beforehand. Otherwise it is their children and grandchildren who will bare the consequences

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.