EMR 0.79% $3.77 emerald resources nl

Terrible situation in Cambodia. The World Wild Life Fund are...

1. 5,243 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3943
    Terrible situation in Cambodia.

The World Wild Life Fund are right on to this, they have an office in Cambodia and are applying great pressure.

EMR will not get to mine in a national park while these pollution events are taking place.

This could put off the mining permits by 2 to 3 years - which in all truth would not be that hard to understand.

If I was living in the polluted area, and had some influence in parliament or the public service, I would also hold this up for years, and just ride out the destruction until the gold companies eventually go broke and cave in.

That article was horrific, and anyone who thinks not is probably someone living a comfortable life in their swish 4 x 2 Australian home, taking the dogs for walks each night, and buying their organic groceries each weak, and visiting their bulk billing medical practice etc...

I hate seeing Western mining companies exploit poor third world countries, especially when (as has been pointed out) there is no need, because gold can be mined in a reasonably environmentally responsible way for the benefit of all - it's just that some Western companies and their directors want to maximise profits at any cost, for their own benefit.

I think EMR will turn out to be an exception, and will turn out to be a very excellent mining company for the local people, and will look after the environment, but other companies might kill off EMRs chance.

Gw

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EMR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.