BTR 5.56% 1.9¢ brightstar resources limited

I like this comparison. Today we see profit taking. Not really a...

1. 4,216 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1373
    I like this comparison. Today we see profit taking. Not really a surprise after a + 200 % run in this year. A 10 % consolidation is not really a dramatic thing. I guess that rather weak hands have sold or have just taken profit. The strong hands and the "believers" are still holding and waiting. I do not believe that we will see the A$ 1.20 next week like somebody mentioned here. I guess we will - without additional news - trade in a range between 1.50 - 1.70 or so.

Now BTR is on the radar. 2 or 3 weeks ago nobody was caring about BTR. This has changed substantially. I now that different insitutional investors (e.g. hedge funds, fundmanagers) are looking at BTR. I also know that some of them are of the opinion that the SP has overshoot (but this was before yesterdays announcement!!).

Well...let's put it this way. The chance that Kitumba/Mumbwa could host a really substantial world class deposit has increased dramatically with the announcement of the drlling results from hole 033 and 032. More positive drillings would support the overall picture. More high grade copper to the depth would also support the world class deposit story (theoretically the deposit could have an extend up to 2 km below surface...).

What I want to say: 12 month ago BTR was a relatively sound fundamental story (Perkoa) with some leverage to the zinc price. Excellent management, no debts a high class JV Partner (Glencore), some gold tenements in Burkina Faso and a maybe interesting story in Mumbwa with the possibilty to setup a small, probably profitable copper/gold operation within the next 5-10 years. Maybe.

At the moment I guess that an indipendent observer would come to the conclusion that the chance that Mumba turns out to be a world class deposit which might be worth billions is probably fifty fifty.

Thats the reason why some are not selling one share and others are taking their profit.

More drillings to come and with every good results the story gets more consistent and I am convinced that we will move from the possibilty to the certainity of a world class deposit within the next 6-18 months (maximum).

Then BTR has again to be revaluated. To make it simple. If the resources in the ground are worth let's say 100 billion (thats about 1/10 of Olympic Dam) then in the case of a takeover usally you have to pay 1 to 3 % for the resources. That's 1 to 3 billions respectively roughly 10-30 dollar PER share.

So I guess you know now where I am coming from. This story - at least for some of us - is not just an investment were you can make some profit and maybe then buy your daughter a new bycicle or a new large flat screen tv for yourself or your wife a new Toyota Starlet (or so...), for some of us this is a "life chance" respectively a "game changer". About 25 years ago a really good japanese analyst (I had the chance to work with him for some months) told me: "you know, from time to time you have to take decision. Some are irrelevant others can change your life. You should focus on the important ones. Sometimes some chances are unique and you have to decide if you wanna take the chance or not. Some will never come again".

A little bit of profit taking. Well I am not concerned....this is not the end of the story nor the end of the run...Rome was not built in a day. Patience...at the end of the year some that have taken their profits at 1.80 probably will regret their decision. Not probalby, I am quite sure that they will deeply regret their decision.

Imagine you have bought around 50 cents and at 75 your were thinking: "nice, I made 50 % in 2 months, great, let's take the profit".....really great decision.
    Next week another good announcement, the next good driling result, the cerainity that somebody has built up a substantial position in BTR (might be Glencore), a takeover offer, whatever...and you will never again see 75 cents or in this case 1.63.....

Today therefore the question is: Do you want to take the 1.63 or go for a 50 % chance to get 4 or 10 or 20 dollars in 6, 12, 24 months ?

I have taken my decision. Take yours....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
0.001(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $112.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.8¢ 1.9¢ 1.8¢ $74.84K 4.038M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
30 6522222 1.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 4648180 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.