CBA 1.34% $131.66 commonwealth bank of australia.

Well done on your exit post div, even if a little luck was...

1. 4,702 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    Well done on your exit post div, even if a little luck was involved.

I’m not much of a chartist, although I will happily listen to one with an open mind.
    Not convinced the Dow is due for a major correction, but a 20% pullback from its highs is not an unreasonable prediction. Same, to a lesser extent the ASX 200.

Dow closed another 2% down last night, so perhaps CBA will somewhat follow this trend.

If so, yield will pretty much be 6%.
    I have another 20 years of mortgage repayments, and my rate is just under 3%. For me it’s far more prudent to bank 6% profit than make extra repayments on my loan (for now).

If low 50’s eventuate, I’d be quite happy. Last time it hit that price I was in no position to take advantage.

The DRP is also more attractive the lower the SP.

I’m somewhat comforted (perhaps naively) that the Aus gov knows CBA cannot be allowed to fail. If I remember rightly, Kevin Rudd in 2008 even guaranteed bank deposits.

And although a strong argument can be made about the Australian realestate being overpriced, fact is the banks are not lending in a cavalier manner. I think they have taken very big steps in the right direction to ensure loans are only given to those who can afford them.

The sharing of credit data among lenders is another fantastic step to ensure they minimise ‘bad’ debt.

So I see divs being fairly stable going forward.

Interesting times for sure.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CBA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$131.66
Change
1.740(1.34%)
Mkt cap ! $220.3B
Open High Low Value Volume
$130.80 $131.84 $129.89 $256.3M 1.965M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 601 $131.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$131.66 712 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CBA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.