TVN 2.67% 7.3¢ tivan limited

the next 30 days will see a healthy rise

1. 7,286 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2661
    I am expecting a major re-rating of this stock over the next 30 to 90 days.

During 2007, TNG peaked with a market cap of something like $170m, off the back of its then very exciting lead/zinc/silver project in the NT, known as Manbarrum.

They spent in 2007, from memory, something like $8m on 37000m of RC and Diamond drilling. In all they have spent close to $17m on exploration at Manbarrum, which is a multi deposit MVT system, and which has been haled as potentially world class.

Lead and zinc prices went down considerably, but have now come up considerably. This is an important fact.

As a result of the opes prime fiasco, the ANZ grabbed and sold something like 24m shares. Some of these were regrettably mine !! By all accounts they influenced the price, due to their involvement with Tricom, from late 2007, when TNG was trading at 55c, and finished their work in about July 2008, selling the last parcel for around 8c. This was a major setback for the company, as being an explorer, they need the ability to raise capital, and to do this at sensible prices

The market cap of TNG stands today at $17m. It has no debt.

They have other well advanced vanadium/titanium, and iron ore projects, as well JV's in some very prospective gold projects. One with WDR, which I note is in a trading halt today.

They have recommnced exploration at Manbarrum with a diamond drilling programme which they hope to firm up another major deposit, plus redefine the grades from previous drilling. MVT's are low grade, high volume, cheap to mine systems. Do not be spooked by the relatively low grades. I did a lot of reading on MVT's a few years ago. All MVT's are relatively low grade.

I hold this stock, and have done so for over 4 years.

My resurgent interest is around the recent drilling programme, the fact that world class deposits do not disappear due to GFC's, and the fact that the MD is presenting on the Gold Coast at the rising stars conference on the 25th september. The first time in probably 21 months that the company has been on the front foot with marketing the company to the Public. It augers well, in my humble opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.3¢
Change
-0.002(2.67%)
Mkt cap ! $120.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.5¢ 7.5¢ 7.1¢ $107.0K 1.458M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 86244 7.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.4¢ 58867 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.