NWT 0.00% 11.5¢ newsat limited

the next announcement is a make or break, page-22

1. 657 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 199
    Logic suggests that ExIm will not pull the plug - as they are not an ordinary bank. Remember, their sole function is to help US manufacturers and service providers (like errr... Lockheed Martin) get business. So how does stopping/delaying payments (to NWT to pass on) to Lockheed Martin for them to then pay their salaries and other US suppliers who are working for them help the US economy?? (Presumably not very well??)

Now this whole financing deal has been politically-inspired from start-to-finish - and is almost zero to do with NWT. Practically, it is extremely unlikely that anyone else wants this exact custom-designed satellite - that has been designed for one customer only. Lockheed Martin can't sell the half-finished satellite to anyone else without losing all their profits (and laying-off a heap of their workers in the process). Not a good political result at all.

ExIm may stamp their feet petulantly because NWT have been 'naughty' but I don't believe ExIm will rock the boat and jeopardise the Lockheed Martin (and suppliers) futures.

So, we just have to ride it out.

Sorry if that is not what you want to hear. You can continue to dream of enriching the class action lawyers and teaching all those deserving bad guys a lesson.

Oh and for all you looking to a particular deep-pocketed 'white knight' to save you... my reading is that many of the sweetheart deals between the company and 'insiders' involve one Singaporean Board member... but that's probably not PC at the moment?

DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.