ECT 16.7% 0.4¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

Coal Energy Australia Here's a thought- CEA state that their...

1. 276 Posts.
    Coal Energy Australia

Here's a thought-

CEA state that their First phase project in
    the LaTrobe Valley would process 2 MTA of brown coal.

CEA will apparently use the Coldry technology then apply their gas heated Pyrolysis technology?

As It raises a few thoughts.
    Coldry processing of Two million tonnes of brown coal produces one million tonnes of Coldry BCE /UBC.

The Coldry tonnage output has not been disclosed for a few years. Has Thermax engineering input allow higher temperatures and faster drying times. Therefore higher tonnage per Year?
    Previous quotes were 275,000 tpa Coldry product. Could it be increased to 300,000 or possibly 350,000 tpa?
    So the possibilities would perhaps be 3-4 Coldry plants to facilitate Phase 1 of CEA's plan. The last costing was an approx plant cost of $15 million each.
    Giving plant plant costs of $45-$60 million before transport and commissioning.
    This could fit into CEA's ALDP grant of $30 million and Total Project Outlay of $143 million dollars.

I've read previously that coal to
    Oil conversion plants can
    Make 300kg Oil from 1 tonne (1,000kg) of coal.
    So theoretically 1 mtpa (1,000,000,000kg) Coldry UBC could produce 300,000,000/ 300 million(Liters) of light Oil per annum with possible Char and Ammonia byproducts.

Phase 2 involves increasing processing up to 22mtpa brown coal =11 mtpa Coldry BCE.
    11mtpa Coldry BCE = 3.3 billion liters of Oil pa...

11 mtpa = 11x4=44Coldry Modules..
    44 Coldry modules x$15 mill = $660 million dollars outlay.

Royalties on Coldry UBC at $5 pt.
    1st phase- 1mtpa x$5= $5 million dollars per year.
    2nd phase- 11 mtpa x $5= $55 million per year.

Are these figures correct? Close? Or totally wrong?

As a disclaimer - These figures are pure conjecture....and I'm pretty bad at Maths.
    So this is just some basic Maths. Very happy for anyone's input to correct My Maths, Change the Oil production quantities or provide CONSTRUCTIVE Input.

Also there are multiple unknowns such as The Actual processing speed of the CEA pyrolysis process. ie- it's capacity to produce The light oils/ diesel.
    Mayby CEA's pyrolysis technology could only process 1/10th of the 1 mtpa. That would still amount to 30mil kg(liters) of light oil in the 1st phase.

Also what is the sale price for light oil per liter/ 100 liters? As such I haven't priced in theoretical Profits for CEA before running overheads/ interests and principles/ taxes.

Please DYOR
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.001(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $11.10M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $1.515K 504.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
43 13357839 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 11826592 27
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.57pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.