RED 2.99% 34.5¢ red 5 limited

Its going to be a long wait. Elections in May are midterm,...

1. 748 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 187
    Its going to be a long wait. Elections in May are midterm, meaning that there probably won't be any significant policy change. Duterte will still be in charge as the presidential elections are not until 2022. The anti open pit stand of his regime will be on the mind of our board for some time yet so I can't see them making a decision in the short term. Another issue that we have to contend with is the "tax them to death" policy that he's implemented

https://resourcegovernance.org/blog/philippines-will-train-run-over-mining-sector

As the article says, just the tip of the iceberg.
    Plenty of headwinds making Siana almost a basket case. Costing us a mil and half per Q just to have it sit there. Chances of this ever restarting looking bleak at the moment. How much is it going to cost to make Siana productive? IMO you probably won't get much change our of $100 mil, just a uneducated guess. Maybe we have to find a buyer with a sense of humor. I originally invested in Red because I read a report on Siana and Mark Williams back in 2015 when he joined Red. Loved the potential of this combination. Fallen out of love with Siana. Still think MW is worth his weight in gold. Time for us to move on and out of the Pines.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
34.5¢
Change
0.010(2.99%)
Mkt cap ! $2.346B
Open High Low Value Volume
34.0¢ 35.5¢ 33.5¢ $13.13M 37.89M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
27 1581988 34.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
35.0¢ 605979 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RED (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.