SPT 0.00% 7.5¢ splitit payments ltd

Biggsy 07Shorters are often active when a shareprice or a sector...

1. 990 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 220
    Biggsy 07

Shorters are often active when a shareprice or a sector is out of favour and/or under pressure and that is not the case here. SPT and other BNPL share prices are not falling rather they have already fallen. SPT crashed from a high of above $1.50 to its present level of 14c. It is now almost a penny dreadful with a MC of around 70m so not at a level that would attract shorters. That does not make it a good buy which I think you are implying.

I shorted SPT quite some time ago and I posted as much on here, it was a sure bet at that time and I closed out at a healthy profit. That opportunity doesnt exist now and I would not short it at 14c but neither would I go long until such time they announce large merchants have taken up their iaas offering and are paying for it on a transactional basis.

Not sure what you are expecting from the quarterly, it is a historical report for q3 and will not include any price sensitive announcements as under ASX continuous disclosure rules they are not allowed to sit on these announcements.

None of the iaas announcements to date have been price sensitive so I think they are very small money, it SPT has continued to wind out the funded model merchants then Q3 revenue could be < 2m which I think would bring more downward pressure.

Nandan predicted iaas would increase revenue in 2022 but no sign of that todate (and 2022 is nearly done) but the quarterly will confirm that so only a week or so to wait for that.

Good luck with your investment

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.