SPT 0.00% 7.5¢ splitit payments ltd

Sunday rant time...SPT, let's have a think...well for me...

1. 1,032 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 190
    Sunday rant time...

SPT, let's have a think...well for me its good to see the pivot was well placed and we are pretty much going to survive the "hype phase". its a shame it didn't take off (just not marketed right with merchants I think).. it's a shame asx holders didn't see it - but hey SPT has been wrongly labelled a BNPL since haha gosh the beginning.. while it's a bit scary, it's really good to move out of asx and into the hands of a group that understands this and understands long term investing
    don't get me wrong I get the frustrations as bottom line the company just isn't seeing the MSV and has indeed burned a hole in the cash pile..

BUT this is the thing if your going to invest in small cap unknown companies who's business proposition is something global and that hasn't been done before - you must prepare for a long voyage in unchartered waters. as investors we just want to feel safe and see our capital investment reflects in an ever rising SP.

if you want this, pls go and invest in bonds or etf -- this is not the right place for you.. the advice people are giving you to sell is misplaced by virtue these people are not investors, they sit on their bank savings and jump on here and call people punks.. ask them about the business and they don't follow anything, just have some generic advice around buying companies with a moat

the only new competitor that has probably offered a challenge has been banks (as trusted by the consumer - offering BNPL), this challenges our white label

to me though this isn't the problem some think it is, that is we consumers want a nice simple process and literally SPT is now just store credit. (white label).

the consumer already trusts the store as they are buying the product from them. vs using their bank BNPL is not without friction (gotta leave site, setup with bank, can't use everywhere etc).

now you might say.. yeah err well the consumer trusts their own bank the most , so once they go through all the hassle it's fine where it comes to cards this will be the way.

I'll be honest most credit card holders with a decent credit I've spoken to don't want the hassle - if the store is offering a like store credit option, except it's on your credit card and there is next to no hassle - they will go for it. that's because they are smart.

where I think motive will help Splitit is advertising for merchants (vs consumer) and connections with merchants and partners. they have already confirmed they will "cut costs" by replacing key people on the board and the tax benefit is an instant realised cost.

in short under motive SPT stays in the game, and with really no competitor of concern, it's just time. Still after 2 decent shots at it (in my mind this is the third stroke), they have learned allot and the product is ready.. its about to work or the game is over - invest wisely

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.