IMM 1.72% 29.5¢ immutep limited

chilI hear you too, buddy.But my talking about it won't stop it...

1. 2,977 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 481
    chil

I hear you too, buddy.

But my talking about it won't stop it from happening. In my honest opinion, all the signs are there:

The consolidation and or alliances occurring in the pharmaceutical sector, viz:

Cephalon>Chemgenex (alliance)
    Cephalon>Mesoblast (alliance)
    Valeant>Cephalon (ongoing)
    Valeant>Biovail (merger)
    Valeant>PharmaSwiss
    Sanofi-Aventis/Genzyme

And this from the San Francisco Chronicle (March 30, 2011):

"There have been 219 acquisitions of U.S. pharmaceutical companies in the past 12 months, with an average disclosed price of $153.7 million and an average premium of 44 percent, according to Bloomberg data."

And that's just in the United States.

So many patented products are either expiring or due to expire in the next 12 months it makes perfect sense for a predator to come calling.

Add to this the fact that Prima Biomed is ramping up to Phase Three, and therefore incrementally derisking itself and making itself more attractive as a potential target.

The technology itself IS safe, it addresses an UNMET need, it services a $3 BILLION market, it has potential APPLICATIONS for other types of cancer, it is a similar science to that being used by Dendreon, it is well UNDERSTOOD by what could very well become its main competitor (Dendreon), it is well FUNDED, and in the context of all of the above, it is CHEAP.

This is why I tell my fellow investors not to worry about Nasdaq. Nasdaq is a bonus - something that will happen whether we WILL it too, or not.

Investors who worry about Nasdaq, and invest on that basis, cannot be fully au fait with this story. A hiccup here, or a hiccup there, will be more than they can suffer.

That is not to denigrate those investors. Rather, it is to make them aware of how, in the overall scheme of things, Nasdaq is minor. Any biotech monolith worth its salt would know who Prima Biomed are, and what Prima Biomed do.

If you don't believe me, read up on Chemgenex, which delisted from Nasdaq as it felt there were "limited benefits" and "growing compliance costs of maintaining it."

Nevertheless, Cephalon still came calling.

As we stand now, there is a clear and present danger that someone of Dendreon's ilk will come calling.

We would prefer it didn't happen, but neither can we run away from the possibility.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.5¢
Change
0.005(1.72%)
Mkt cap ! $428.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
28.5¢ 30.5¢ 28.5¢ $469.8K 1.579M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 297652 29.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
30.0¢ 7500 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.