ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

the next step

1. 1,215 Posts.
    I sat down to have a read of the article, I think it was well done.

Advising shareholders NOT to accept the script and to HOLD in bold at the end was a nice touch.

The no shop, no talk clause seems to be very standard for a SOA.

A big Thumbs up to SeamFriend for his report and comparisons to the PES deal which also contained the clause. The board of PES however didn't instantly agree to the deal as our board did. :S

I also posted Arrow's board reaction earlier which was what I would consider a more standard way for a board react to a takeover... "Do nothing at this stage until we have time to assess best interests". All done in the public arena rather than behind closed doors for "months".

In fact I don't think I have ever seen a board roll over instantly such as ours (especially on such a small price) in my short history on the stockmarket (feedback from veterans on this type of action may be useful).

I am a believer and there has been much to listen to from H, Bundalee etc who remain confident of something more to come.

What do I "believe" in? It comes back to the fundamentals again. Huge reserves but more importantly the largest remaining uncontracted reserves left on the east coast! In light of a local low-emissions economy emerging as Yaq was getting so excited about before he left - this opens us up to a ridiculous amount of opportunity.

1 Billion dollars, in fact 2 Billion+ is pocket change to the bigger players who can capitalise on our uncontracted gas.

Yet our board just rolls over in an instant - lol Call me slow but I just don't "get it". I can't see strategic value in an instant roll over "plan".

So with the big picture in mind, it comes back to us and our ability to block this opportunistic grab from SANTOS using their magical SOA.

I hope we wont need to but we should all keep a strong resolve and be prepared to take that action when it comes time to vote.

The Australian was very kind to us and sent the message (as Monkey said earlier) to all ESG shareholders who don't follow HC.

The Australian has suddenly empowered us, in the public eye.

I sent Tim a thank you email for a job well done.

Importantly, SANTOS now definitely know we are collectively not happy as does David Casey and the board of ESG

Now we wait, I wonder if that Shareholders Association place will write to all shareholders for us? That maybe a good option to organise us all for the no vote. :)

A letter to all shareholders encouraging a NO vote sent just after the SOA!

We need to keep the pressure on and not rely on others to do it all for us.

The future is in your hands.

One person can make a difference!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.