ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

Hi DBComment for Buddy a few weeks ago regarding voting in the...

1. 587 Posts.
    Hi DB

Comment for Buddy a few weeks ago regarding voting in the SOA - number of shares only relevant for people voting YES

"Devsend,

If I am allowed to say so, in this instance we have an SOA, not a takeover. And where in a SOA the company needs to get at least 50% of the people present (including proxy in this intance), and with 75% of the total shares at the meeting to vote "YES" on the resolution for the SOA to get approved and sent to the Court for final approval. It is also usual that the Court will allow some dissenting investors to put forward a case if they don't agree with it, before they issue that final order/approval. Once the court has issued that approval, then it is all over.

As it is the usual that many General Meetings are not very well frequented by many Retail Shareholders, chances are that a well organized plan by the dissenting shareholders, could come against the company's plans/wishes with a NO vote.
    Most importantly though, during these meetings, the amount of shares one investor owns is irrelevant, as anyone sharehodlers, regardless of the amount of shares in his/her's holdings has the same voting power as the one that may hold many million of shares.
    So, even if you are to own only 1,000 shares for instance, your vote will count as one, just the same as the one that holds 10,000,000 shares."

I too have a much smaller position (at a minor loss).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.