LYC 1.32% $5.98 lynas rare earths limited

the noisy 24%

1. 1,921 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I am of the understanding that the retail investors number about 24% of the shares issued. I guess from the last several months we must be the noisiest bunch of retail shareholders any company has had the pleasure of owning.

From the frustration of seeing our personal investment decimated by the faceless few, we have denigrated just about everyone that is involved in securing the TOL.

From accusations of total incompetence of our management to conspiracy theories about China and it's industial espionage, to the "corrupt" Malaysian government officials and it's procedures.

If an international company wanted to set up shop in Tasmania which had pollutants, albeit minor pollutants, I wonder what the reaction of the public would be? Just look what happened to the Gunns pulp mill as an example. I got out while the going was good. Tassy is a half the size of Malaysia but I can understand them resenting foreign companies imposing themselves on the environment.

Having said all that, while the Malaysian government has invited Lynas to set up shop, it probably did not foresee the backlash from its own citizens, no matter how small they are.
    So I guess to continue to attract foreign investment, it would want to make sure that they have dotted the "i's" and crossed the "t's". to ensure that all is above board.....no conspiracy, no money changing hands and not in bed with China.

So it doesn't help our cause when some of our 24% start ranting and raving about the so called incompetence of the Malaysians and accusing them of all sorts of corruption. It only makes our situation worse to be quite frank.

No doubt if it was a international company starting up in Australia and it started going on and on about how incompetent our government and processes were then I would imangine that our approval process would slow down considerably! Funny that hey? We would teach them a lesson.
    However I am not implying the Malaysians would do the same.

The major stakeholders and our management are probably rolling their eyes as they read on an open public forum the verbal abuse that is being thrown at all those who can make it happen.

I for one apologise to the Malaysians and our management for the incessant ridicule that they and we have all had to endure.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.98
Change
-0.080(1.32%)
Mkt cap ! $5.589B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.97 $6.02 $5.90 $19.37M 3.252M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 116965 $5.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.99 179 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.