Your using today's knowledge to project 100 years into the...

1. 1,851 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 244
    Your using today's knowledge to project 100 years into the future?

What type of energy will we need, how much and by what considerations will it be valued. will price be the only arbitrator?

I'm pro renewables, have been for decades but until someone can convince me renewables can supply our future baseload needs (not our current) my mind is open.

If you dismiss something you immediately fall behind. I would suggest COP28 and more recently microsoft and the US banking system are definitely keeping their options open.

All I'm suggesting is OZ should keep investing into knowledge of all power options until they are proven to be unsustainable.
    The amount of nuclear power stations being built in the world (59) now proves to me there is no 'one' energy solution it is a mix and always will be.

It's not a blue v red thing, never voted LNP in my life but commonsense would suggest todays knowledge can't solve future problems especially when we have no idea what they are.

Anyway what OZ does is really not that important, energy is a global issue with global ramifications.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.