The Olympic Games, page-16

1. 84,603 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    if you cared to think about anything that doesn't have an association with the fixation in your head -

there were some rather interesting observations from last night's show

as I sat on the couch suffering the spectacle, glazed over wondering if having a cheese grater run across my eyes which were taped open - would it be worse than watching the Olympics? my thoughts broken by wondering how come Lady Gaga got all that body fat, but her boobs are still the same ---
    that kind of serious shit

my gf was huffy about the spectacle - she said a few times ----- this stuff is all about France for tourists - no French do anything like this

she at that time was watching the can can girls or whatever they are doing their thing - a take from Moulin Rouge

she said that's what foreigners think is French ------ but, maybe less than half a percent of French have ever been to Moulin Rouge

and I thought - (ripping my consciousness away from Gaga's boobs and bmi), yes that's probably a valid point

there would not be a French person alive (aside from the odd weirdo vegetarian, a rare breed in France) above the age of 3 who hasn't tasted Boeuf Bourguignon
    but, you have to run hard to find one that's been to Moulin Rouge - there'd be more in Paris - but, France is a LOT bigger than Paris.

I've never met one from memory.

Much of the rest of the spectacle was also built for foreign eyes - not for the French, who were probably as irreverent as my gf, sitting on the couch sniggering and growling away

Oz will do the same thing - you'll see lots of kangaroos - as if they are in every street in every suburb in the mornings grazing at sunup

whereas a lot of Aussies won't know the difference between a roo and a wallaby

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.