if you cared to think about anything that doesn't have an...

1. 84,603 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    if you cared to think about anything that doesn't have an association with the fixation in your head -

there were some rather interesting observations from last night's show

as I sat on the couch suffering the spectacle, glazed over wondering if having a cheese grater run across my eyes which were taped open - would it be worse than watching the Olympics? my thoughts broken by wondering how come Lady Gaga got all that body fat, but her boobs are still the same ---
    that kind of serious shit

my gf was huffy about the spectacle - she said a few times ----- this stuff is all about France for tourists - no French do anything like this

she at that time was watching the can can girls or whatever they are doing their thing - a take from Moulin Rouge

she said that's what foreigners think is French ------ but, maybe less than half a percent of French have ever been to Moulin Rouge

and I thought - (ripping my consciousness away from Gaga's boobs and bmi), yes that's probably a valid point

there would not be a French person alive (aside from the odd weirdo vegetarian, a rare breed in France) above the age of 3 who hasn't tasted Boeuf Bourguignon
    but, you have to run hard to find one that's been to Moulin Rouge - there'd be more in Paris - but, France is a LOT bigger than Paris.

I've never met one from memory.

Much of the rest of the spectacle was also built for foreign eyes - not for the French, who were probably as irreverent as my gf, sitting on the couch sniggering and growling away

Oz will do the same thing - you'll see lots of kangaroos - as if they are in every street in every suburb in the mornings grazing at sunup

whereas a lot of Aussies won't know the difference between a roo and a wallaby

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.