MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

the one stock strategy

1. 1,156 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 129
    Hi Folks -

Exciting times ahead and high time I introduce my very own personal way of handling the Stockmarket -

I do indeed thank Mr Marcus Padley for enlightening me to this strategy in this article first written long before but published here;-

http://www.theage.com.au/business/theres-a-lot-to-be-said-for-a-onestock-portfolio-20110422-1drcp.html

But Areo has raised the question.....here-

- ' I believe this quote is attributed to Warren Buffett:

"Diversification is protection against ignorance"

I've generally held very few, but extensively researched stocks and worked this belief with some success in the past."

Well, surprise surprise, I hold only one stock -- Meo . Why bother doing anything else? So if you don't won't to diversify then take the hard road -- all or nothing! Where would you put your hard-earned bucks atm..?

-An interesting addition would be this article from yesterday also by Marcus or his slaves .....

http://www.theage.com.au/business/a-drop-of-optimism-may-be-all-the-market-needs-20120316-1vavh.html

- So if Meo receive the ultimate double- whammy of not only hitting it big but indeed hitting it big in a market that is finally becoming slightly more risk-averse -

Then look out!

As Mr P stated;-

- Trading one stock is more intense. It focuses the mind. You pay attention. You do a lot more work before you buy. You think harder about every trade. You plan. You set levels. You develop a strategy. You are more disciplined, more vigilant.

With so much at stake, you are more risk-averse, not less - you have to be. "

_ So which stock would one buy today - now ??? For the immediate future??? Interesting is that on a personal level I chatted with Mr P at an investment seminar last Sept at Jeff's Shed for a few brief minutes and told him of my journey following his suggested investment philosophy and he indeed enquired how it was going.......

Interesting was my reply....he asked whom I was following....Meo....well lo and behold he had worked with JH at Tollhurst and mentioned that JH had a significant stake in the show.....and noted our chat in his notes...

It's a small world

- and I have gained such an insight by merely walking the walk -
    simply talking and meeting people - who have all been keen to share their knowledge and opinions....

One of Marcus' key strategies that I think is especially relevant is that if you ever find yourself pumping your fist shouting yes in front of your computer then - SELL!

My own pathetic personal non-chart observation would be ;- any day that Meo hits the most discussed stocks on HC - SELL - that is if you want to be a trader!!

I'm HOLDING - NOT SELLING! buy the other guys holding!!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.