BPT 4.62% $1.25 beach energy limited

Nothing like TO talk to enjoy a bit of speculation :), tbh I...

1. 223 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    Nothing like TO talk to enjoy a bit of speculation , tbh I think a TO would struggle to value bpt appropriately, due to the large (and under-appreciated) potential to increase production and cashflow over next 2-4 years. In this Barney's $3 comment makes a certain sense to me (though I agree unlikely to see that offer quite yet) At current eps BPT trades at a P/E of 10 vs peers P/E of ~14-18, in some part due to low free cashflow due to high investment. By FY24 to 25 the investment drops off and production ramps up, modelling a US$75/bbl oil price with a local gas price of ~ A$8.2/bbl, with WF dropping back to FY18 levels and CB oil dropping 10%pa I still see potential earnings in the 0.25-0.3cps range. A P/E of 10 would give $2.5-3/share which should be conservative when cashflows improving. the TO would need a P/E offer closer to peers which could then see it over $3. Either way I'm happy to wait till FY24-25, as there is greater value yet if they can execute well and salvage some WF production.
    this is all very speculative, and just imo, dyor.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.