BPT 1.29% $1.58 beach energy limited

A bit of light reading for you Stan...

1. 4,815 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 296
    A bit of light reading for you Stan https://cpb-us-e1.wpmucdn.com/blog.umd.edu/dist/7/477/files/2020/08/281.pdf

It would seem that SSB are a little ways away and the article you cited was somewhat conditional in its outlook i.e. not making any guarantees. In the article they made a point about digging up lithium but failed to say on mass what mining or chemical processes are required for their sulfide SS batteries. It would seen that the big problem for battery engineers/scientists apart from the safety issues with the current technologies is managing the chemical reactions required to produce the power and the by-products of those reactions that cause battery degradation. If you read the paper above, (produced 2020) which is heavily academic, Lithium features significantly in the development of the cathodes of SSB so I don't think lithium is going anywhere anytime soon.

This will not be a zero sum game and someone somewhere will need to get there hands dirty digging up raw materials and creating chemical processes to make this happen and there are a lot of problems to still overcome.

Range, safety, expense and reliability are the things that are holding EVs back this in turn bodes well for O&G for the foreseeable future.

I also note they use the term - more of a throwaway line - "zero emission". That might be true after manufacture and charging was exclusively from solar or wind but even then solar panels and wind turbines aren't really that green. The fact is that nothing on this planet that requires manufacturing is or will ever be "zero emission". Let's face it without fossil fuels there wouldn't be any EVs to provide the woke their faux green credentials. How ironic is that!?

Cheers
    BW

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.58
Change
0.020(1.29%)
Mkt cap ! $3.593B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.58 $1.59 $1.56 $7.607M 4.822M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 33174 $1.58

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.58 26329 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.58
  Change
0.020 ( 1.08 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.57 $1.59 $1.56 1700115
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
BPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.