I got on to this thread because I mis-read the title:The origin...

1. 793 Posts.
    I got on to this thread because I mis-read the title:

The origin of all speccies

And it made sense to me that somebody would want to talk about this. After all hc is mostly about the stockmarket.
    But I digress: I was very curious, where do all those speccie stocks come from? I cannot believe it's entirely intelligent design, in fact, in most cases, they are just born opportunistically with the goal of transferring wealth from the pockets of uninformed investors to those of the directors.

Then it's not really a creation of a speccie, just a mechanism for money transfer, a flux of energy if you will.
    But wait, the game gets more complicated...

When you combine the activity of just a few speccies, suddenly new properties emerge. Just by pure chance new interactions arise, which makes some rich, some poor, some successful and some extinct. Give hope and grief, joy and sadness and makes some of us question the reason for the existence of the ASX. Not to mention the 'faith' in the free market, with the threat of a last judgement where the inside traders will be punished for eternity.

I am not going to join a debate on God, the universe and everything. The answer to that is 42. But if anyone can tell me where do speccies come from, how to predict their fate, success and demise, I will be forever grateful.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.