The reason I started IF (intermittent fasting) and low carb was...

1. 1,709 Posts.

The reason I started IF (intermittent fasting) and low carb was due to having blood sugar just a little high andif it went up higher I would be pre diabetic and put on meds.

That was when I saw Dr fungs speech .... it made sense.I do low carb clean and healthy foods, no idea if I am in ketosis, probably not asI still love wine.

The thing is I can't eat a lot of carbs anymore, it feels like eating cement, body is heavy and very uncomfortable.People like me thought Keto diet was heaps of meat (sausages, deli meat etc) and nofiber (heaps of fat) but there is what they call Dirty Keto and Clean Keto .... for me I amClean low carb.

Also my thyroid is under active, and if you read up on women post meno you get told you will find losing weight soooo hard and we will put you on more meds.

That too made me think. I felt I had no control. So I am giving IF and low carb ago.It is working for weight loss.... as for the other things I will have a blood testin about 3 weeks and will see if things are the same, worse or better.rolleyes.png

So it was more about Insulin and how it works which was all new to me.

Last edited by milo100: 02/08/19

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.