CLE 0.00% 0.1¢ cyclone metals limited

London Mining: Marampa iron ore mine due to be officially opened...

1. 1,943 Posts.
    London Mining: Marampa iron ore mine due to be officially opened today.

25/4/2012

London Mining's (LON:LOND) Marampa iron ore mine is due to be officially opened today by the president of Sierra Leone.

His Excellency Dr Ernest Bai Koroma is to formally open the AIM-quoted firm's 100 per cent owned project in the African country.

Last year was described as a "milestone" one for the company, in which it moved from developer to producer in Sierra Leone.

Marampa began production in December last year and began shipping the product to European and Chinese steel mills in January this year.

The Marampa mine is 125km by road north-east of Freetown, Sierra Leone. The company expects to produce 1.5 million tonnes of iron ore from Marampa in 2012, 4.2 million tonnes in 2013 and 5 million tonnes in 2014.

London Mining expects to expand capacity at Marampa to over 16 Mtpa (million tonnes per annum) of concentrate per year from the remainder of the Marampa ore body over a 25 year mine life.

http://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/companies/news/41939/london-mining-marampa-iron-ore-mine-due-to-be-officially-opened-today-41939.html

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.