MYG 5.36% 79.5¢ mayfield group holdings limited

The last couple of months has seen MYG consolidate itself into a...

1. 370 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 98
    The last couple of months has seen MYG consolidate itself into a company which is beginning to command some overdue market respect.The reasons for this are well known to all members on this distinguished forum, so no need to go into any detail.
    Instead let me focus on perceptions.Cast your mind back to one year ago-we owned 30% of deflector,there was no money in the bank,and $4 Mil was due to satisfy the next stage of the purchase contract.An extension of time for payment, at a penalty in excess 0f 100K,was granted-we got there but only just.We hung on by the skin of our teeth.Despite this the SP at the time was still higher than it is now due to the fact that market sentiment was still healthier then, before soon after turning completely sour as it still is now.The market perception of MYG at the time was that it was an attempt to re open a failed old mine with a questionable chance of success.As we all know it is a combination of perception and sentiment which rightly or wrongly will drive the market and the SP in the short to medium term.Fundamentals count for more in the longer term after the hype has fizzled out and real reality has set in.
    I now detect a basic and subtle shift, to the good, in the perception of our company.Over the past year there have been regular suggestions that more ground needed to be proved up(quite correct)and JG has mentioned that he had an objective of proving up a resource 2.5 Mill ozs.of au.But these comments tended to be perceived as having been made in passing.With further good drilling results plus with JG going on the road there has been a shift in perception.We are no longer being viewed as a "one shot small mine", but rather what has been passive and implicit all along is now starting to come out and re shape the perception.It has become far more explicit that this whole endeavour is not only about a 7 year mine limited to working deflector over but the springboard for a much larger project.i.e. Gullewa is an oyster waiting to be opened,with the added possibility of a large copper field being part of the future mix.(this bit is conjecture I know, but a couple of good proven holes to the north of deflector in chalco pyrites cannot be easily dismissed.)
    Furthermore have you noticed that the rampers(up and particularly down), who could unnerve share holders to surrender their stock cheaply by making a meal of small delays are now longer present.(I wrote a post about this when a 3 months delay in the DFS was announced and for which you gave me 37 TU'S-I am still to this day flattered by your approval shown then and always will be.)They have realised we have moved up a notch or two,and "mug bunnies" will be all but impossible to find amongst us now.
    We have moved on-the stigma and perception of being hapless pioneers chancing their hand on re starting a failed
    old mine has gone.The challenge now is to,bring perception "up to speed" and impress on the investment world what we in no uncertain terms really have to offer.Our very competent management team can be relied on to do this,but what about the rest of us?We are a passionate bunch with deep resolve,we should do our bit,and even if only in a small way try to help to get the ball rolling and bring more and more people on side.From there it will start to build its own momentum and escalate.Persuade others to get on board-we are on a good ship-In the fullness of time it will prove to be a great ride all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
79.5¢
Change
-0.045(5.36%)
Mkt cap ! $72.71M
Open High Low Value Volume
82.5¢ 82.5¢ 79.0¢ $57.46K 71.46K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 9339 79.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
85.0¢ 18000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.23pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MYG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.