imo Einstein is a good source of instruction. Science has often...

1. 41,657 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    imo Einstein is a good source of instruction. Science has often been subject to variables of ignorance yet the principles of scientific method provide an excellent perspective for spiritual studies.

so I maintain scepticism in much of my reading.

practices have helped me to understand somethings, eg meditation which has allowed me to identify 3 separate levels of mindfulness. though, of course this remains unsubstantiated. the brain forms the base level and incorporates the Jungian unconscious. the "mind" forms the second, intermediate level which can choose to follow brain thoughts or decide on the value of brain inputs to consciousness pertaining to the need to make an informed decision.

this happily coincides with Descartes' "division" between mind/body, often derided as differentiating excessively and so negating wholeness of being. imo this qualifies Descartes pov with a clearly discernible difference between brain thinking and mindfulness.

the higher level consciousness I've been able to identify is far less clear to me. I haven't achieved a "nirvana" or enlightenment, yet the awareness of a "something else" that is less discernible hints to me that my ego is unimportant in the greater scheme of things and so is disposable, not necessary and of no particular value. the self, according to Buddhist and Hindu traditions dissolves in the river of greater consciousness.

as can be seen, I'm an eclectic recognising the values of all religious beliefs while acknowledging the human interference with much dogma. having said that I've largely rejected the greater bulk of Judea-christian-Islamic doctrines as being contaminated by human socio-political interests.

I don't know if anything I've written here is true or real..... I only have my reading, practices and rational thought to base my beliefs on.....

hey, just like all religions

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.