NXS 2.63% 19.5¢ next science limited

the perfect time for shell, page-4

1. 938 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 157
    Well, that's if the board would sell it cheap. Why would they?

A fairly high proportion of the trades taking place in the last few days are cross trades. This would indicate to me that some of the larger holders are positioning their portfolios for tax losses in advance of the end of fin year. Onve that's all over the big volumes of sales will drop off and you might expect the sp to recover a bit.

Whilst traders can take advantage (or lose) in these circumstances, most of us holders are, I expect, not selling but just sitting tight and waiting for a deal. Yes, it might be a longish wait as economic circumstances are not exactly the best at the moment. Noone wants to spend or invest much at the moment as there are a lot of uncertainties both politically and economically. However, the oil and gas are still there and Shell is proceeding with the FLNG plan. In the end it will likely work out very well.

You can't really blame the board for sitting tight in these circumstances. What is there for them to announce that would make you happy (except a good deal on Crux)? If they decided on a quick deal at lower value just to get a bit of quick cash and the short term price up you would no doubt have many holders criticising them for not getting fair or full value from the companys assets. What happens in the trading market is, particularly in the current economic climate, not very well matched up with future prospects. When it turns, which it will one day, it'll likely bounce quite high compared to the current price as investors who have been holding their cash back rush in to take advantage.

Really, if you have the cash and are prepared to wait a while, it's a good buy now imo.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NXS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.