SXY 0.00% $4.60 senex energy limited

The plot thickens?, page-20

1. 5,184 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3831
    The BPT CEO job has thrown up some interesting permutations and speculations here.

Would BPT appoint a new CEO who came from a company he (may) have sold out below it's potential "true and fair" value?  And what were the underlying circumstances behind this?

Would BPT shareholders accept a new CEO who they might think would (potentially) also undervalue their own company, and possibly in the future take the same actions?

It raises some interesting questions.
    For instance, in this game, like every game, it's who you know.
    What if the BPT directors know ID well and want to appoint him as the new CEO at BPT, but a significant group of BPT shareholders oppose this, possibly because of some distaste with the takeover results of SXY.

There is potentially some tricky stuff to be navigated here, including the enhancement, or otherwise, of reputations.

I'm not saying these musing are right or wrong, I'm just saying that if I was a BPT director and shareholder I'd be watching the reactions of shareholders here at SXY to the current takeover situation and the shareholder response it's getting, and I'd be gauging it very closely on a number of fronts, to not do so may be negligent.

I wonder if there has been any talk of this over on the BPT threads on HC, there is potential for a bit of cross pollination there.

Many scenarios could play out, and the one that could possibly enhance reputations the most might be a BPT and SXY union, perhaps via cash plus scrip, with the SXY boss getting the BPT job, but how likely is this scenario now?

Interesting times my friends.

Gw

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.