GPT 2.74% $4.26 gpt group

Hi Defab,I agree with your comments in general - and posted a...

1. 631 Posts.
    Hi Defab,

I agree with your comments in general - and posted a fair bit about it in this thread along the way

http://hotcopper.com.au/post_single.asp?fid=1&tid=744622&msgid=4094800
    http://hotcopper.com.au/post_single.asp?fid=1&tid=780520&msgid=4337991
    ..and more - I just cant be bothered searching for them.

I wish that its bosses had grown a pair and not raised more capital. But they were so frightened and uncertain - like little rabbits - and remember - they didn't have a boss then - so it was very much the case of a company without leadership.

So, confusion, a need to do something in one area of the business (JV), a market that was in upheaval .. and no leadership. See how the rabbits ran :(

Im convinced that no bankers would have pulled the rug from under them.

Oh well. Hey have lots of equity now, I guess over time they will leverage it again, the idea being that they pick up distressed assets cheaply and over time increase EPS that way.

Incidentally - I have held stock since before cap raising - buying my first lot a $1.40 / share... I then doubled and doubled again, forking out 0.60 and 0.35c respectively, for an avg around 0.63 or so.

That takes the stock at today's price back to about $1.65 on the old scale, before diluting - which is better than when I bought it - and a better business too - as it has a much lessened debt - thereby giving it good prospects for future growth.

I believe the dilutions, whilst EPS -ve has ended up being enterprise value positive - the market cap of the company is greater today and it is arguably a less debt laden entity for the journey.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.26
Change
-0.120(2.74%)
Mkt cap ! $8.160B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.33 $4.37 $4.22 $40.48M 9.451M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 6696 $4.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.26 40684 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.