CVN 4.88% 19.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

AC said 3 years from FID was typical (for a D type development)...

1. 13,962 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1047
    AC said 3 years from FID was typical (for a D type development) but he did not rule out improving on that. From my own observations I’d doubt it could be less than 2 years, and of course something longer than 3 is possible if the complexity of the gas is too substantial for instance. Regardless the oil seems gassy, the field is high pressure and the initial production rate quite high (relative to say Buffalo) so I am guessing FPSO facilities will be very much bespoke.

Although the operator is STO, we need to remember it will still likely to be the old Apache team driving the development, and probably still largely with their culture. They were no slugs, they knew fast track. Furthermore STO were partners in several operations, so they should fully recognise that. In short I am hopeful for quite a bit better than 3 years, but nothing like as short as Buffalo.

Buffalo is a smaller development without significant gas, and has been produced before. It’d hardware is probably more standard and the FPSO simple and probably something decommissioned from another field would be suitable with little modication. 18 months from FID seems fair to me for that.

My opinion. I”ll appreciate other views, esp. those better industry informed. Please contact your ASIC approved advisor for real information on FPSOs etc.

EL

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
-0.010(4.88%)
Mkt cap ! $348.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.3¢ 19.5¢ $194.1K 985.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 903500 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 427080 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.