DEG 1.36% $1.23 de grey mining limited

I agree with some of your points jrowl but the basis of many of...

1. 709 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 631
    I agree with some of your points jrowl but the basis of many of the conerns are dependent on the current environment that we find ourselves in which could change a lot in the near future in our favour.

If buying in doom and selling in boom is a wise maxim this may actually be the time to buy despite any current fears.

Gold has been smashed around, kicked in the bollies and spat on for quite a while now. Undervalued and at historic lows in comparison with other asset classes or stock indexes. Maybe crypto also stole some of its steam during a time when it could have performed better as its traditional hedge against inflation. Maybe many of the younger generation have not lived long enough to learn about or believe in golds traditional virtues but I think sooner rather than later this will change, gold is a relatively small portion of the overall investment market and when sentiment shifts it wont take much change in the capital flows before gold will revert to the mean or do very much better.

The record central bank gold buying is for a reason. I note none of them bar the odd tinpot hell-hole countries are running to crypto to shelter from the ensuing storm and with the recent crypto implosion like ftx etc many will be wary of dipping their toes back into that cesspit for a long time. So where are ya gonna put your dough? Real estate, hmm with interest rates rising and a far from certain economic situation it probably won't be the worst thing, at least it's tangible and manageable but it I was a betting man I would not bet on it increasing in value much more or staging a comeback, and think it likely has a fair bit of downside potential when there is a rush for the exit after long term loan holders are rolled over and shaken out by much higher interest rates
    Cash? No so great when you consider its depreciating when you take inflation into account.

certainly not growth stocks..
    Maybe energy or food/farming, war mongering industries or utilities.. who knows but I'm sure gold will be a lot more attractive than it is now for investors as other sectors become less desirable.

I still don't think we have had the big 'event' that will trigger a rush to the relative safety of gold. Covid gave us a taste but the endless money printing dulled its sting and insulated many from the shock that might have otherwise kicked off a bit of action and turned the tide for gold. Ironically those very actions may infact have been the reason gold kicks off. If some cyclical economic change does not eventuate there is always the chance of some black Swan reserve currency debacle or nuclear event to set the ball rolling.

there is still plenty of scope for that mayhem to eventuate, and if it does happen, the ensuing economic disaster could very well reduce the demand and price for fuel, force a tighter and competitive market for jobs while at the same time giving a very healthy shove to the gold price. Any or all of those events will very much help the economics and attractiveness of DEG.

the fabled fed pivot and other harbingers of doom may not be needed to kick start a swing that puts a rocket under degs ass but they certainly won't hurt.

financing and constructing the mill is certainly a big step if we get to that point under the current structure but once done its the last big hurdle and starts the countdown to the first gold bar being poured, the end of dilution and the start of a very large stream of cash that will very quickly leave the company debt free when calculated by CURRENTLY known metrics. There is a fair bit of slack in the system and some contingency built into the budget should things not go in our favour but should just a few things turn in our favour we really are sitting on a gold mine in more than one sense.

Nothing is risk free but the closer we get to gold bar day the risks will very rapidly dissapear. In the big scheme of things its not really that far away. DEG is not some AVZ type gamble that is subject to the changing whims and rythyms of Congo's bongos. We have a large still rapidly growing tier1 asset in one of the safest and predictable mining durisdictions in the world, well funded, now mostly have agreement with the native title holders and the planning is on schedule for the path ahead. The hurdles are falling.

The positive broker reports are increasing too and im sure that correlates in no small way with the desire for the big corporations to have a slice of mallina pie

if anything, given the quality and rarity of this kind of asset what we have is becoming increasingly rare and in demand going forward. Whether or not the share price reflects this on any given day doesnt matter because I'm am confident it will do so in spades in the not so distant future as we steamroll our way forward.

Now is the time to be in it.

anyway enough waffle from me. Hopefully today's momentum leads the direction for this company in coming weeks and months but no matter what I'm still pretty happy with where it's at.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.23
Change
-0.017(1.36%)
Mkt cap ! $2.277B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.17 $1.27 $1.15 $24.38M 19.87M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 23550 $1.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.24 313766 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.23
  Change
-0.017 ( 1.32 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.31 $1.31 $1.16 3556027
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.